Friday, May 18, 2018

Lakmava - The first local newspaper for Gampaha district



I went to Gampaha, "Cooperative Hospital" on February 18th, 2018 to get some medicine as a patient alone.

At the pharmacy I was able to get some medicine and then I saw this newspaper.

I think it is the "first local newspaper" for Gampaha district.

This was a weekend newspaper and also was registered as a Sri Lankan newspaper.

When I completely read it, It was a complete newspaper in every sense.

The day I bought it, it included a special extra newspaper for housewives. It was named "Mihiliya".

It included 2 pages for news related to Gampaha.

Since I was a child I always believed there should be local newspapers, radio stations and television channels in suburban areas to empower the lower and middle level Sri Lankans livelihoods as well as there social living through media.

And this newspaper has allowed it, by initiating such activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment