Saturday, January 28, 2017

(04) Unstoppable : The incredible power of faith in action By Nick Vujicic


As these readings were made in my post depression era, this is the only self-help book I read during the period.

My father personally bought me this book.

He thought of it as a guide book to achieve success against barriers of life. One of the fundamental reasons he provided me with this book was my personal depression I guess.

This book is about Nick Vujicic, the author. He was born to an ordinary family. He had a completely normal brother and a sister. But he was born without arms and legs. And luckily they loved him. With that support, he won every barrier in life against social taboos and alienation against him.

He believes in god. He is a devout catholic. And his triumphs are garnered through his limitless faith. And he currently he executes a NGO (Non Governmental Organization) that promotes faith in action and how it saved him and how it can save others in despair.

He considers his abnormalities a gift to raise hope in the world.

In this book he discusses hardships in his childhood, his suicide attempts, business failures, relationship failures, his travels and struggle globally to expand his good faith in hope.

Now as a victim of depression this book opened my eyes to see life positively.

I'm a buddhist but his vision on his religion opened my eyes to study buddhism more.

This was a really helpful book for me.

It helped me to cope with ,

(01) Personal Crises
(02) Relationship issues
(03) Career and job challenges
(04) Health and disability concerns
(05) Feeling out of control

A recommended book for everyone who seeks hope in hard times.



No comments:

Post a Comment