Saturday, December 3, 2022

The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame : The masterpiece that beautifies English countryside in the reader's mind

 


The Wind in the Willows is a book written for children with a nostalgic style and for any reader who loves and have heard about England and there countryside this is a real treat.

If you love the English breakfast at Sri Lankan hotels this book will be a great provider of an after taste.

I purchased the Puffin classic and in goodreads the page number count and the ISBN was a bit different. It triggered me to read the book in random places to check whether I'm reading an unabridged version or not in the internet.

In my humble opinion I think 'The Wind in the Willows' is the inception of Magical Realism.

I also watched the Sinhala dubbed version of the 1984 television series which was very famous in Sri Lanka but was different due to Sinhalisation.

I also read the hard cover ladybird abridged classic during my childhood which was a colourful book with beautiful pictures.

Since this is a modern classic the high standards are acceptable. But yet it is a dominating book with artistic descriptions of the english countryside and colourful characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment