Saturday, August 3, 2024

Royal College Colombo - 100th Anniversary Magazine - A journey to my school days as a Royalist through memorabilia

 I was a proud royalist and it gave me great opportunities to build myself as a social citizen during my school years (1997 - 2010)

There were certain conflicts with my value systems and school's culture but they were inherent limitations of mine end of the day. (Elitist attitudes of the school)

From a mundane and a calm childhood my adulthood was a bit confusing and harsh dystopian like [Brave New World (1932) and 1984 (1949)]

My professional life since 2015 was filled with failure. I was shifting jobs and parallely lived a life of a blogger which was not lucrative at all.

My current job at Sampath Bank PLC is one of the most minor functions but with hard work of the bank and is actually life cycle management of documents stored at the bank of a certain category.

This job function and my love of book buying since 2017 has a link somehow and it lead me to go to my school days through this shared memorabilia.

Many of my batch mates and friends I did higher studies are migrated or gone abroad due to the current circumstances.

I avoided the biggest events of my school since a child.

The last time I went to a big match was 2015.

My Facebook page D Box contains my blogposts. It was a creative act of mine to show that mind and body is two things.

D box contains blog posts both from sinhalese and english language. There is a significant impact to this from my school life as well as my personal value systems.

Being a past royalist and if you study and follow the school's past you'll learn histories and cultural aspects related to colonial, post colonial and post modern aspects of the country as well.

After leaving the school in 2010 I was an underachiever and I was depressed most of the time.

Many of the value systems I respect have come from my school and mainly my love of the school's main building architecture. It's like in the film, Inception (2010).

I don't have the bragging rights of being a royalist since I'm not a colors man or a prize winner ever in my life. I was able to have minor extra curricular activity achievements which are shared in the below photographs.

But since present is a product of the past and future is a product of the present I must atleast pay my gratitude to the School this way.

Hence I purchased the 100th Anniversary Special Edition Coffee table book of the Royal College Magazine.

The social reality I'm living in today is part of my school days.

I was a very low profile past student but is a very active in 'Facebook' and other social media platforms.

If someone read my mind since my schooling my navigation of academics was based on 'idealism' not money minded. It lead to my downfall. And now I have learned my lesson.

I wanted to write a blog post about my school time in sinhala but it ended up as a note.


(51) මාගේ රාජකීය ගමන (පාසැල් සමය)

https://pwarrsl.blogspot.com/2023/01/paperwork.html


My idealism can be seen in the following blog post that reflects my stupidity.


https://usaphase.blogspot.com/


When I look at myself now I've never seen any idiotic book loving guys (Other than literature students and booktubers) who try to reflect it into the society like me. And specially among past royalist students.

I purchased the cult followed 'Forget Me Not', Sri Lankan book and read it in a day. Here's the link for that post.

https://bookerreadsdaily.blogspot.com/2024/04/forget-me-not-charitha-prawardhi.html


I think this will be my last book purchase since the economy is very hurtful.


100th Anniversary Coffee table book






2010 Batch Year Book



Poster 1


Poster 2


Bradby Ticket


Twenty Twenty 2010


Mustangs 2010


131st 2010


125th 2004


124th 2003

Big match Merchandise


First Day Cover 175th (2010)


Kirula



Sportsmeet Magazines


Art Circle


Blood Donation (Red Cross)


Vibhushana


Report of the Principle


Royal College Magazine


Millenium Directory


Malli's Work


The Royalist Magazine


Minikata


Bradby


BOTB


SAGA



No comments:

Post a Comment